Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Abhi hits NY and DC

This is a pictorial chronicle of a trip that my girlfriend and I took to New York and DC. I made the finals of the Worldbank Development Marketplace and spun the final round into a mini-vacation. I'm not really seriously blogging here, but mainly just looking for a place to dump pictures so that friends can view them.

Nadia and I had a chance to visit several sites in DC. We saw the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, Natural History Museums, Smithsonian, White House and Capitol Hill.



At the feet of Abe Lincoln...



This is us before going to see "Lions of the Kalahari." I'm sure that those of you who know about my unhealthy preoccupation with the Savuti Lions, the Duba pride and Buffalo in Botswana will easily see why this was the highlight of my trip.




A really cool gem exhibition was also going on at the same time. We got a chance to see some really nice precious stones ;)


Next we headed off to the Botanical Garden



Finally, we got to the Worldbank Development Marketplace

No comments: